With globalisation and its associated developments, understanding management in an international context is an imperative. The course is an extension to the basic principles of management.
The underlying principles of management have been developed to cover operations of global firms as understanding of international management is a major challenge facing most global firms. Focus is on understanding the international environment, cross border alliances, culture, communication and management approaches in the global context. This will enable global managers to apply relevant skills needed to effective management in the multicultural context.
As international managers who may be managing in diverse business contexts, you want to know, evaluate, contemplate, compare and learn how to manage and make informed management decisions in the various countries contexts.
At the end of the course trainees should be able to:
1- Understand the international management environment and its major influence on management practices.
2- Be in possession of relevant business competences to enable them to handle global management challenges
3- Apply the various global managerial techniques learnt in the course to improve their international managerial practice. For instance, they should know how to change or adapt their management practices of leadership and control to suit that of another country.
Employees working in a cross-cultural environment, wishing to acquire a complete understanding of the various cultural differences and geopolitics while mastering the required tools and methods.
Theoretical course and application of the methods taught through exercises and roleplays.
Case studies in relation with the cases experienced by the trainees in their work environment.
Participative and active training favouring interaction and exchange with the trainees.
1. Globalization and worldwide developments
2. The Political, Legal and Technological Environment
3. Ethics and Social Responsibility
4. The meanings and Dimensions of Culture
5. Cross-cultural Communication and Negotiation
6. Strategy Formulation and Implementation
7. Entry Strate
8. Managing Political Risk, Government Relations and Alliances
9. Management Decision and Control
10. Managing Across Cultures
11. Organizational Cultures and diversity
12. Labour Relations and Industrial Democracy
13. Leadership Across Cultures
14. Motivation Across Cultures
15. Films to understand and illustrate Cultural Differences (see below)
16. Debriefing of training course
Consultant: Patrick LEMARIE,
consultant in International Management,
associate professor and lecturer at the University of Le Havre, France.
Duration: 26 hours
Price : ask us for a quote